Medical Mutual, founded in 1934, is seeking a .NET Software Developer I-V for a hybrid position (in office and work at home). As part of a cross-functional Scrum team, you will translate user stories and customer acceptance criteria into a logical, efficient systems design. The role involves developing and maintaining web applications, collaborating in an Agile Scrum team, and providing recommendations for issue resolution. Test-driven development, documentation, and collaboration with database and security staff are essential aspects of this role.
- Support development and maintenance on new and existing applications, ensuring compliance with enterprise environments and coding standards.
- Participate in a highly collaborative Agile Scrum team, working closely with the Product Owner, Scrum Master, and other team members.
- Test Driven Development, including unit, integration, and customer acceptance testing.
- Develop documentation of technical workflows and systems designs, verifying against user requirements.
- Collaborate with database and security staff to ensure data standards and security standards are properly applied.
- Participate in code reviews, critique logical design with peers, and provide/accept feedback for design enhancements.
- Learn new technical concepts and software languages as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2-8 years of development experience on complex, customer-facing web portals.
- 1-6 years of analysis and design experience.
- Understanding of modern programming design and coding techniques and tools (SOLID principles, MVC, Test-driven development, e.g., Selenium/Specflow, XUnit, Protractor, Jasmine, Cucumber.js).
- Experience with TFS for work item tracking, source control, build and release automation, GIT repository for code and branch management.
- Experience with Sitecore CMS preferred.
- Basic understanding of multiple hardware and software platforms (e.g., mainframe, distributed, cloud, etc.).
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to address code issues.
- Solid understanding of the systems development life cycle.
Medical Mutual offers:
- Competitive compensation plans.
- Employee bonus program.
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance.
- Career development programs and classes.
- Mentoring and coaching for career advancement.
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year.