NATECH is seeking a Software Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) Team. The role involves developing web applications for the FAA using ASP.NET and SQL Server technologies. The Software Engineer should have a broad knowledge base that spans various aspects of web application development.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, and supporting FAA's mission-critical applications using .NET and SQL Server technologies.
- Developing enterprise applications within a distributed (n-tier) architecture that interact with Oracle and MS SQL Server databases.
- Applying good technical practices and contributing to the application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security, and performance.
- Designing system and program test data, debugging programs using appropriate system tools, and ensuring accurate results.
- Collaborating with an agile development team on various aspects like release planning, sprint planning, scoping, and engaging with customers.
- Verifying project accuracy, safety, and completeness through comprehensive unit testing with sample data.
- Providing daily customer and production support, including addressing production issues, enhancements, maintenance, and training.
- Assisting, coaching, and mentoring other Software Developers.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a similar area with 10-12 years of prior relevant experience, or a Master's with 8-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- 10+ years of experience with service-oriented, multi-tier architecture and implementation of scalable, high-performing ASP.NET web applications.
- Strong development expertise in designing flexible and scalable applications using Micro Services or Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience using Architecture Patterns and Programming language models like MVC, MVVM, and OOP.
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional).
- Understanding of data integration issues, familiarity with complex data and structures.
- Strong SQL Query development skills and experience.
- 10+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Database.
- Strong understanding of Software development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with GIT.
- Solid understanding of Agile Project Management methodologies.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification is a plus.
- Experience in architecting and implementing fault-tolerant .NET web-based applications using Cloud platforms. Deep understanding of DevOps engineering framework.
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
- Experience with the FAA IT security compliance process.